I’ve come across a few of these on the blogs that I follow… and so, here is mine.
1. What did you do in 2013 that you have never done before?
I learnt to make oxtail stew… and it was delicious!
2. Did you keep your new years resolutions? And will you make more for 2014?
I didn’t make any this year, but for 2014 I am keen to make a few changes… to be better at wishing people a happy birthday for one. And to give more to others, be it time, meals or gifts – I’d really just like to be more thoughtful of those around me and their needs.
3. How will you be spending new years eve?
We will be with family for the afternoon. But back home by 6pm and most likely in bed by 10… probably breastfeeding my way into the new year at 12am
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
We frequented Johannesburg’s ‘China Town’ if that counts for anything?
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that 2013 lacked?
Better budgeting skills, especially when is comes to groceries
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory? and why?
18 June 2013. The day we met our precious Keatynn Katherine Richards
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Qualifying as a breastfeeding consultant
9. What was your biggest failure?
Christmas eve dinner – we had take outs!! Also, allowing a book to fall out of the cupboard and onto my 6 week old’s head 😦
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
It seems like its been never ending! The year started off with a terrible dose of tonsillitis, numerous tummy bugs followed, then migraines, bladder infections and many common colds, flu, asthma and other viruses. On a positive note though, we had no hospital admissions or other serious accidents.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Nexium – it was life changing during my last trimester
12. Where did most of your money go?
To my girls
13. What song will always remind you of 2013?
Rascal Flatts – I won’t let go
14. What do you wish you had done more of?
Trying to please God
15. What do you wish you had done less of?
Trying to please myself
16. What were your favourite TV shows?
Hostages, Monday Mornings, The Block NZ, Greys
17. What was the best book you read?
Loving The Little Years by Rachel Jankovic. Definitely the most practical and most helpful parenting book I have read!
18. What was your greatest musical discovery?
19. What was your favourite film this year?
I think the only movie we watched at the movies was Parental Guidance …. All others were only half watched dvd’s as I fell asleep on the couch through every single one of them!
20. What did you do on your birthday?
Discovered Bubble Tea (YUM!), had a prawn braai and got spoilt rotten – probably the best birthday I’ve had in a long time!
21. What kept you sane?
Knowing that God is in control of EVERYTHING and that He is so very faithful
22. Who did you miss?
Not so much who, but what… I missed having my parents together! We have been blessed with amazing ‘steps’, but for the first time in a long time I missed having my Mom and Dad living together and being grandparents together.
23. Who was the best new person you met?
hmmm… maybe not met but a new friendship that has flourished is with Jenine 🙂
24. What valuable life lesson did you learn in 2013?
How to put a high chair together with one hand!! Seriously though… That we are small and God is big and keeping perspective of that is life changing!